The 2023 Motorcycle Rodeo is a Rally for Recovery event produced by Thriving United. This family friendly event is a fun filled afternoon of food, music and activities that test the two wheeled skills of our motorcycle community. Proceeds from this event will help fund Thriving United recovery programs.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Any licensed motorcycle operator, including civilian and police. Riders must utilize a minimum 750cc motorcycle and have appropriate safety gear such as: helmet, eye protection, boots and gloves.
The object of the competition is to complete a course consisting of at least five different exercises, without receiving penalty points. (Actual course layout will be revealed at the event.)
Up to 8 finalists on two-wheeled motorcycles will line up side by side at the starting line. Once the race is started, no contestant may let either of their feet touch the ground. The object is for the contestant to keep their balance at the slowest possible speed (in a consistent forward motion) for the duration of the course without their feet touching the ground. The winner is the last person to cross the finish line. This event is awarded 1st place through 4th place. (Actual course layout will be revealed at the event.)
All contestants, each with a passenger, will ride in a circle on either two- wheeled or three-wheeled motorcycles. When the air horn is sounded, the passengers will jump off the bikes and run to the haystack and try to find a potato. When you have a potato you must step out of the circle to place. The first round will be started with the number of potatoes to be determined by the field official. A determined number of potatoes and contestants will be eliminated, each round, until 1st through 4th place is determined or until there are only four competitors remaining. Once the field of contestants has been narrowed to the final four contestants, there will be only one more round. In that round, there will be only 3 potatoes placed in the haystack.
Once the horn is sounded, to start this round, the four remaining contestants will jump off their bikes and run to the haystack and try to find one of three potatoes in the haystack. The first competitor to retrieve a potato in this round will receive 1st place. The second competitor to retrieve a potato will receive 2nd place. The third competitor to retrieve a potato will receive 3rd place. The competitor that does not retrieve a potato will receive 4th place.
1. Contestant’s wheels going out of the marked course.
2. Contestant accelerating to the point of passing other contestants on the course.
3. Passenger jumping off bike before the air horn sounds.
4. Participant grabbing more than one potato, thus keeping another competitor from retrieving a potato.
QUALIFYING FOR POTATO HAYSTACK
There may be qualifying for this event, if the field official determines that size of the field needs to be reduced for the finals. In the case this does happen, the field official will predetermine the number of competitors that will be able to advance to the finals. The original field of competitors will be divided, as equally as possible, into different groups. EXAMPLE: If there are 20 participants in the event, the field will be divided into 2 groups of 10 each. There will be 3 from each group that will advance to the finals. The qualifications will be run under the same format as outlined above, with only the predetermined number of participants advancing to the finals.
The organizers of the Motorcycle Rodeo, Thriving United, take great pride in the safety and organization of our events. As such, all registrants, fellow riders, hang-arounds, and guests who participate in any the Motorcycle Rodeo activities agree to the waiver below.
Experience the Basin's first Motorcycle Rodeo during the 2023 Big Texas Rally for Recovery. This registration includes your participation in all motorcycle rodeo competitions. Please see rules and restrictions.
Enjoy our Big Texas Rally for Recovery Ride for Recovery Run where you'll visit five non-profit organization checkpoints along the route and you will draw a card at each one. Your card will then be noted on your score sheet and you will ride on to the next checkpoint. And like a card game, the person with the highest score at the end will be deemed the winner of the Thriving United Ride for Recovery Run at the Big Texas Rally for Recovery. (Prizes to be announced.)
By registering to participate in or attending the Motorcycle Rodeo, produced by MODE Communications on behalf of Thriving United, I represent that I am fully knowledgeable of the danger and hazards associated with riding motorcycles. I understand that such activities may cause serious injury or death. I certify that I am duly licensed and competent to operate a motorcycle in a safe manner, and the vehicle is in a safe operating condition as per the laws of the state of Texas or other jurisdictions where Thriving United will be hosting events.
1. HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the promoters, participants, executives, organizers, or event leaders or administrators or any affiliated entities, owners, sponsors, advertisers, owners, venue operators, lessors and lessees of premises used to conduct the EVENT(S), premises and directions, or instructions, or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the premises or EVENT(S) and or each of them, their directors, officers, agents, and employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as “Releasees”, FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, his personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin, FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND ANY CLAIM OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY TO THE PERSON OR PROPERTY OR RESULTING IN THE DEATH OF THE UNDERSIGNED ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE EVENT(S), WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or otherwise.
2. HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASES and each of them FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR COST INCLUDING BODILY INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR ATTORNEY’S FEES they may incur arising out of my presence or participation in sanctioned EVENT(S) whether caused by the NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or otherwise.
3. HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE arising out of or related to the EVENT(S) whether caused by the NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or otherwise.
4. HEREBY acknowledges that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of the UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
5. HEREBY agrees that this Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and indemnity Agreements extends to all acts of negligence by the RELEASES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the Province or State in which the EVENT(S) is/are conducted and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTANDING ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST ALLOWED BY LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS.